Antonini Enterprises, a premier transportation service provider located in Stockton, CA is searching for a full time Staff Accountant to join our team.
In this role you will provide oversight of the procedures and practices of Payroll and Accounting department.
• Assist in organizing, communicating and delegating responsibilities and priorities to ensure the successful operation and timely completion of assignments of the Department.
• Prepare various reports to assist management in the performance of their responsibilities.
• Oversee payroll to ensure proper processing and the accurate generation of the company payroll. May be involved in the preparation of payroll.
• Oversee preparation of W-2s and/or 1099s.
• Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of journal entries.
• Prepare and/or oversee the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
• Assist and oversee, in conjunction with HR the company’s 401(k) plan to ensure proper processing and the accurate generation of reports.
• Act as a customer liaison as it relates to accounting.
• Assist with communications and workflow processes between accounting and operations.
• Communicate with and instruct employees on assignments, providing technical expertise as needed.
• Provide regular and timely feedback that recognizes performance motivates employees and promotes self-development.
• Supports the company’s goals through accurate and timely financial transactions, analysis and reporting.
• Actively participates with and supports the Controller and department.
• Achieves monthly and quarterly stated department goals by providing leadership, direction and fostering teamwork.
• Achieves a customer focus by providing high quality, cost effective service.
• Provides department staff continuous and timely support through feedback, problem solving and development opportunities.
• Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures and practices.
• Professional attitude and appearance consistent with position and responsibilities.
• Self-motivated and detail oriented; work with minimum supervision.
• Minimum 45+ hours/week. 50+ hours/week during busy season July-October.
• Stand/ walk 1 – 2 hours per day. Sit 5 – 8 hours per day.
• Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Must have visual acuity sufficient to read a computer screen, documentation, and policies & procedures.
• Ability to occasionally bend, squat and climb including ability to ascend and descend stairs.
• minimum of 5 years + Bachelor degree in related field.
Excellent benefits, 100% employer paid medical insurance for the employee.
Additional insurances available; Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, HSA, DCA's, 401(k)
Generous PTO program starting at 20 Paid days off 1st year.